Thursday, June 10, 2010

Nicholas James and the End2End Challenge

Last year we mentioned Nick James and the End2End Challenge - walking from John O'Groats in Scotland, to Land's End in Cornwall, in the height of Summer 2009. Nick's recently had the time to get back to me about his adventure.

"The walk went really well!" he enthused, "It was probably the hardest thing I have ever done, mentally. But I still smashed it in 23 days, the quickest time ever walking if I'm not mistaken." During his trek, Nick suffered from a variety of ordeals ranging from irritable drivers to heat-induced and famished hallucinations. "The trip got extremely rough towards the end in Cornwall...I was saved by a Lidl in the distance which happened to have a running stream next to it."

OutdoorKit donated to Nick a pair of Berghaus Kibo GTX Boots - waterproof and outrageously sturdy. "For trudging over the Highlands and as a mountaineering boot they kept my feet dry and were comfortable, they were second to none and outshone any walking boots I have ever had, so I thank you all at OutdoorKit for that."

Nick's planning on starting a new blog for the diary entries he made on the challenge, but for the moment you can read more on his challenge at his End2End website. Here at OutdoorKit we're proud of sponsoring a wide range of people, from mature and experienced trekkers to young and enthusiastic adults like Nick.

No comments:

Post a Comment