Monday, May 9, 2011

Review: Asics Men's Running Gel Nimbus 12

With most reviews I pop into the warehouse, take the said product out into the office and have a good thorough look and at it and if time permits me, wear the said product for a bit. So in general I manage to get a pretty good overview of the product. Only problem is that sometimes you can only truely judge something once you've worn it on a continous basis over a few months.

I've been wearing my Asics Gel Nimbus 12 Trainers for a good few months now and thus far I can't find anything negative to say about them. To be fair I havn't put them through a massive amount of strenous activites so far, a bit of football here a bit of general around town use there. Now, they've really come into the forefront. I've recently joined the local DW Fitness Gym and suffice to say I'm getting plenty of use out of my Asics and enjoying the hell out of it.

You would have though there might be some wear and tear, especially when using them on treadmills, which don't exactly have the smoothest of surfaces. But the High Abrasion Resistant Rubber outsole is near enough still in perfect shape with hardly a scratch. The Nimbus 12 has plentiful amounts of heel cushioning too, but not so much that it adds uneeded weight or so that it impedes on your normal foot stride.

Comfort wise, you can't really argue either. You can imagine the heat (and unfortunately sweat) that builds up inside the trainer during a hard session at the gym, which can result in blisters and if not treated properly, athletes foot. And so far I can't say I've experienced either, so another thumbs up there!

I realise for true athletes, the look of the trainer won't necessarily be the very first thing they look for, but there's something incredibly aesthetically pleasing about the Nimbus 12's design. The offset middle lacing makes them standout at first glance, plus the Nimbus comes in some pretty nifty colours to provide a sleek, playful yet not too flashly look.

No comments:

Post a Comment