Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Review: Asolo Spyre GV Boots


Stef writes:

I'm not normally a fan of walking boots, however, a few days of trekking through a very soggy Yorkshire holiday has given me a dramatic change of heart.

New into the OutdoorKit world is the Asolo Spyre GV. As someone with long, narrow feet, I was fairly dubious about the fit - but was pleasantly surprised, as the laces were easily adjustable and the boot hugged my foot nicely, all the way to the heel.




I'm usually a size 7 1/2, though the UK 7 fitted perfectly - in the absence of adequate walking socks, though. I'd recommend getting your usual UK size, or perhaps half a size up if you have wider than average feet.

A short stroll around the office proved that, as hiking boots go, these are all the support I'd need and more. Stiff in the right places and flexible in the right places, I easily conquered the maze of desks! Definately purchasable if I wanted to use them on much rougher terrain.

An obvious selling point is the Gore-Tex lining - for me, a must when buying specifically for hill walking in the UK. Teamed with a water-resistant suede upper, Asolo have combined man-made and natural materials for keeping feet dry and breathing.

The look? Why, it is most splendid, darling. Size 41 does not a dainty foot make, thus I was very pleased with the overall image - plus I'm sure I'll look good for the obligatory Snowdon ascent next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment